At Oliver Design Group, we can offer the following services relating to: project forensics, case review, research and discovery of design or construction defects, industry standards and professional standards of care for the following areas:
- Review of materials provided by your client and assistance in identifying additional items for discovery.
- Document and file searches during the discovery process.
- Internet searches, as may be necessary for case review and court preparation.
- Review and analyze: professional service agreements, contract documents (plans & specifications), construction contracts, correspondence, the project schedule, change orders and RFI’s etc.
- Review and furnish copies of applicable building codes and fire codes as they relate to the contract documents.
- Review of the contract documents (plans & specifications) and determine if they meet the “standard of care” for comparable projects.
- Obtain building department plans and records.
- Evaluate and analyze the disputed issues.
- Provide written opinions and testimony concerning negligence and/or comparative negligence based upon the material reviewed.
- Prepare graphic illustrations, digital presentations and models, as may be necessary for presentation.
- Provide expert opinions regarding the merits of a claim.
- Assist in trial strategy.
- Provide court testimony
Often construction or design issues arise during a project and while they may not have reached the level of a formal claim our involvement and insight enables issues to be resolved as they arise versus at the completion of a project where litigation is more likely to occur.